Date & Time: November 14 .
Competition 10:00 AM
Place: Hillspring Church (Cornerstone) 8801 W. 41 . St. Sand Springs, OK
Fee: Donation to ABKA Missions – any amount over $50 is tax deductible. This is not a “free tournament”.
100% of the tournament proceeds will be divided between the Astudillos – Philippines, the Taylors – Brazil, and the Prusias – Mexico.
Awards: Medals and trophies for 1 , 2 , 3 . Swords on display stands for 5 Grand Champions
Black belt men fighting
Black belt women fighting
Black belt forms and weapons
Advanced boys (15-17) fighting
Advanced girls (15-17) fightingKATA
Youth (13-17) Adv.
Youth (13-17) Int.
Youth (13-17) Beg.
Children (up to 12) Int
Children (up to 12) Beg.
Under Black Belt (15 and above)
Under Black Belt (up to 14 yrs.)
Black & Brown Belt Men (up to 39 yrs.)
Black & Brown belt Men (40+ yrs.)
Black & Brown Belt Women (up to 39 yrs.)
Black & Brown Belt Women (40+ yrs.)
Green Belt Men
Green Belt Women
White Belt Men
White Belt Women
Youth 15-17 Boys – Beg, Int, Adv
Youth 15-17 Girls – Beg, Int, Adv
Kids 12-14 – Beg, Int
Kids up to 11 – Beg, Int
IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
*Division Changes. You can readily see the broader age and rank divisions. This is for two reasons: smaller tournament and more fighting opportunities with more competitors in each division.
*3 Tournament Phases
1. All black & brown belt competition in forms and fighting
All ages and ranks in weapons
2. Auction: 7 items live auction – Christmas for our missionaries.
All remaining competition
3. Five Grand champions competitions
Robert “Zip” Taylor award for excellence – 2020 All awards for competition given out
Silent auction items given outTHE TOURNAMENT TEN COMMANDMENTS
“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility, value others above yourselves; not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” Phil. 2:3, 4 (NIV)
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you; even as your soul is getting along well.” 3 John 2
Health rules for all 1-competitors, 2-spectators, 3-officials
Please understand we are following science not politics. These CDC requirements will be strictly enforced, no exceptions.
1. Every person attending this event must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth. It must be put on when you exit your car at arrival and can be taken off when you get back in your car to leave.
2. The only time masks are not worn is during competition. How we will do this will be explained in the competition meeting at the start of the tournament. This is how the UFC, Bellator and professional sports are operating.
3. Social (physical) distancing. Stay 6 feet apart from others. No standing around inside or outside the building in close groups. Competitors and spectators must maintain this distance. The rings and chairs will be set up to accommodate this. There is only one exception – direct family members.
4. Limited number of participants. Every competitor may have one non-competing adult guest. Other than that single exception there can be no spectators; that includes non-competing martial artists. Black Belts who don’t compete can only be there if they are officiating.
5. There will not be concessions. Eat before you come and after you leave. If you can’t give up food for a few hours, then you must eat outside away from the building. Each person must bring their own hydration. The drinking fountains will be closed. Masks cannot be removed to drink. Either lift the mast from the bottom or better yet – use a straw.
6. No embracing/hugging or hand shaking outside of family members. Traditional bows are appropriate.
7. Your temperature will be checked before entering the building. If you have a fever, cough, or any other
symptoms of illness you cannot attend.
8. I do not recommend this tournament for younger children or the elderly. If you have been exposed to the COVID virus and should be in quarantine, please do not attend.
9. I highly recommend that you wear your gi to the tournament to avoid congested changing areas. There can be no more than 4 persons in any bathroom at one time.
10. Bring your own hand sanitizer and use it generously. Money handlers and judges must wear gloves.
I do not like to have to issue these rules, but this is the reality of the new normal for events like this tournament. The COVID19 virus is not a “hoax” and will not one day “magically disappear”. Especially as Christians we cannot be selfish or reckless; we must consider our health and that of others. These rules will be strictly enforced. If you break any of these, you will be asked to leave. There are no second chances. If everyone, of say 100 people, were allowed to break one rule – that’s 100 chances of someone contracting the virus, and that’s not acceptable. If you believe me to be in error on this then I’m erring on the side of health and safety.
SOME THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT BUT THE IMPORTANT THINGS WON’T CHANGE! THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT TIME OF FELLOWSHIP, COMPETITION AND BLESSING OUR ABKA MISSIONARIES! IT DOESN’T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!
FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS LEADING UP TO THE TOURNAMENT I’LL GIVE AN UPDATE OF SPIRITUAL AND MARTIAL ENCOURAGMENT AND INSPIRATION – SO WATCH FOR THEM.
Jozai Senjo Sensei Holzbauer