UPDATE FROM SENSEI HOLZBAUER – November 15th, 2018
This is to bring everyone up to date – those who know, and to those who are just now hearing about it.
What it is: A log building 40’x72’ with two 24’x40’ second story lofts, kitchen, restroom/showers, and ABKA martial arts history & museum room.
Where we are now: The footing, piers, floor joist and sub-floor are in.
Next stage: Erecting the log walls
1. Logging the cedar and red oak on this property.
2. Milling the wood. I currently have 324 5’x8’ red oak dove tail logs. We need more logs, beams, supports and lumber from these logs.
3. Planing of the 324 logs.
4. Cutting logs to 4’ and 8’ lengths.
1. We have no assurance of our use of the camp in time.
2. A facility that can be used year round for training, meetings, retreats/charges, camps and promotions when the weather is bad.
3. To be pro-active for ABKA growth in the future. I received this word from the Lord as I prayed about what God was leading me to do: “Enlarge the place of your tent and let them stretch out the borders of your dwelling. Do not spare; lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes. For you shall expand to the right and to the left; and your descendants will inherit the nations.” Is. 54:2,3
1. Charles and Lara Mashek have agreed to be the project managers for this building. They will coordinate all building/work teams, keep record of team members and dates and times for work, communication and information updates. Their phone number is (479) 477-054. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The logs and sawmill are donated to the ABKA.
3. When completed this will be of use to all ABKA schools.
4. I have slowed down my travel schedule for the fall, winter and spring and will give my time, energy and resources for this project.
5. Dale Davidson has agreed to head up the training of workers and use of our sawmill.
6. I’m heading up the logging crew. I’m already felling the logs. God has provided this land I’m steward over with 100’s of red oak and cedar trees.
This is a great opportunity for each of us to be a part of what God is doing presently and what He will do in ABKA’s days ahead if we will be faithful and obedient to His leading.
Look for continued updates from our ABKA board, council, the Masheks, and me. And remember “God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s resources.”
In June, Sensei Holzbauer broke ground on Warrior Lodge. When it is complete, the lodge will have a downstair dinning/meeting/training area with just a little more square footage than the dojo annex. There will also be a kitchen and shower rooms down stairs, two separate sleeping lofts upstairs, and the facility will be climate controlled so it can be used year round. The lumber used will be from three log cabin kits plus timbers he will cut off of his property and the dojo property. Much of the furniture will be hand made by himself and some of our other wood working black belts. There will also be specific work days scheduled for groups to come help as time goes on. There will be plenty of opportunities to help by way of work and funding. It’s a blessing to invest in the future of ABKA and even more so when we can work together.
Here are photos of the progress:
June 11th, 2018 – ground breaking
October 2nd, 2018 – piers
October 17, 2018 – Subfloor
October 22nd – Just a few logs in the corner
November 5th, 2018