From Sensei Holzbauer
MISSIONS TOURNAMENT UPDATE
I used to watch late night with David Letterman Show; my favorite part was always the top ten. So…in that spirit, here they are.
TOP TEN REASONS FOR COMPETING IN MISSIONS TOURNAMENT
10, “Test yourself a thousand times before you step into battle.” Samurai Maxim
9. Fellowship with our ABKA brothers and sisters.
8. An opportunity to evaluate your progress in your martial training.
7. There will not be any scary clowns there.
6. Challenge to do my best for God’s glory. Col. 3:23
5. Inspiration from watching some great martial artists perform.
4. A chance to fight – the center and heart of the martial artist.
3. To show off your new “fashion mask”.
2. To give to support our missionaries: Astudillos, Taylors and Prusias
DRUM ROLL PLEASE
1. To please God and feel His pleasure.
Eric Liddell “When I run, I feel God’s pleasure.” Anytime you step in the ring for God’s glory, He is pleased!
SOME QUESTIONS ANSWERED, CORRECTIONS AND OTHER INFO
1. Will it be safe?
Yes. Our preventative measures will be followed as we consider our health and safety and that of our brothers and sisters..
2. Correction: all of the up to 12 year olds will separate boys and girls divisions in fighting.
3. Will I get to see Sensei Holzbauer’s new toupee?
YES. I’ll spray and vac it the night before to insure it will be fluffy and shiny!
4. There will be some “uber cool” stuff in the auction.
5. There will be a ‘cage match’ between the kids beginner fighter and the oldest black belt fighter. The kid’s champion will have his/her hands tied behind their back to make it more fair.
6. The greatest fighter in history, in all the world will be there: Jesus has given His word that He will definitely be there. “For where two or three gather in My name, there am I with them.” Mt. 18:20 (NIV) (no photos please)
7. The grand champions competition
*FORMS & WEAPONS – KATA CHAMPIONS BLACK BELT VS. KOBUDO CHAMPION AND ADVANCED YOUTH CHAMPION
*MEN’S BLACK BELT CHAMPION UNDER 39 VS. BLACK BELT CHAMPION 40+
*LADIES BLACK BELT CHAMPION UNDER 39 VS. BLACK BELT CHAMPION 40+
*BOYS ADV. 15-17 CHAMPION VS. BOYS INT. 15-17 CHAMPION
*GIRLS ADV. 15-17 CHAMPION VS. GIRLS 15-17 INT. CHAMPION
*ALL GRAND CHAMPION FIGHTS WILL BE ONE 5 MINUTE ROUND, STRIKING AND GRAPPLING AND POINTS SCORED.
8. I’ll post the rules for all competition next week.
9. All black and brown belt fights will be on mats to allow take downs. Advanced 15-17 years included.
10. The “Good News” of Jesus will be shared and an opportunity to receive Him as Lord and Savior of your life.
11. Did I mention that Jesus will be there?!
12. After the tournament is over, we will have a prayer service, a chance to kneel together and go before God’s Throne of grace with praise and petitions for our missionaries, the ministry of ABKA and our leaders. All are invited to participate in this.