July 31st, 2021, 11:00 a.m.
Colonial Hills Baptist Church
7330 S. Broadway – Tyler, TX 75703
Director: Sensei Dennis Hurley
All proceeds fund Ministry and Missions opportunities for the ABKA.
* Competitor fees (all events): Early Registration $35 if received by July 24th or $45 after that and at the door.
* Spectator Fee is $5
* Checks made payable to CHBC
* Family discount: Max competitor price of $100 for immediate family
* Registration is at 10:00 a.m.
* Black belt meeting at 10:30 a.m.
* Competitor meeting at 11:00 a.m. ALL competitors must attend this rules meeting and are responsible for finding their competition rings and showing up on time.
* Black belt and adult brown belt and ALL weapons competition begins at 11:00, all over divisions to begin at 12:30
* This is an open martial arts tournament that welcomes all styles and competitors.
* Point fighting in ALL divisions.
* Foam dipped approved safety gear – hands, feet, (foam headgear under 18) and mouthpieces are mandatory in all sparring divisions, protective cup mandatory in all male divisions.
* We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone.
* Competitors and judges must wear traditional martial arts uniforms.
* Divisions may be added or combined at tournament promoter’s discretion.
* All belt divisions will be 2 minute point fighting.
* All competitors MUST compete in their age and rank division – exception ABKA brown belts testing for shodan within the next 6 months.
A team competition award will be given to the martial arts team with the highest average points per team. Every competitor receives one point for each event entered, one point for 3rd place, two points for 2nd place, and three points for 1st place in each division as well.